Job Opportunities


Firefighter / E.M.T.

Firefighter / EMT Vacancy - 24 Hour Shift

View More Details

Part-Time Parks & Recreation Attendant

The Town of Haw River Parks & Recreation Department is seeking a Part-Time attendant to assist with the maintenance of the Park Grounds & Facilities.


View More Details

Part-Time Firefighter/Driver Operator/EMT


Notice of Employment

Town of Haw River Fire Department

The Town of Haw River Fire Department is now accepting applications for the position of:

Part-Time Firefighter/Driver Operator/EMT

Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour

Shift: 12 Hours

Application Process:

The Haw River Fire Department will be accepting applications for the position of part time firefighter.  The application process will remain open in order to create a continuous hiring pool for the department.  Applications can be found online on the Town’s website at or they may be picked up at the Haw River Town Hall located at 403 E. Main St., Haw River, NC 27258.  A resume must be included with each application.

All application packets should be submitted to the Fire Chief, located at the Haw River Fire Department, 403 E. Main St. (PO Box 142), Haw River, NC 27258.  Phone 336-578-1355

Position Summary:

Applicants will be required to work on designated shifts and provide fire suppression, emergency medical care and driver operator knowledge, skills and abilities.  Applicants should possess a strong knowledge of emergency vehicle operations and be capable of adequately managing a fire scene.  Applicants should be self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability. 

Position Requirements:

All applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:

  1. NC Certified Firefighter
  2. NC Certified EMT-B or higher
  3. At least 21 years of age
  4. Adequate driver operator skills
  5. A valid NC class B driver’s license

The Town of Haw River is an equal opportunity employer.

It is the policy of Town of Haw River to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, gender, creed, national origin, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.

View More Details

"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer." If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9922 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at