Prospective Police Officer,
Thank you for your interest in the Haw River Police Department. Our department is a modern, well equipped, full service police agency dedicated to partnering with our community through community based programs to provide a peaceful and safe quality of life. While protecting the lives, property, and rights of all people to provide a professional, courteous, and honest delivery of police services.
The Haw River Police Department is always looking for qualified applicants and accepts applications on a year-round basis whether there is an open position or not. Should a position become open applications on file will be reveiwed and the most qualified applicants will be contacted for further consideration.
All openings will be posted at: Haw River Careers
The hiring process with the Haw River Police Department consists of:
1) Submitt a complete and notorized hiring packet. The packet will consist of
- Town of Haw River application
- Authorization of Release of Personal Information
- NC-CJETS F3
- Copy of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Copy of Driver's License
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of BLET Certificate or General Certification
- Copy of Social Securtiy Card
- Copy of Credit Report
- Copy of Criminal History for each state and county lived in
2) Online BRAINS Assesment
3) Panel Interview
4) Background Investigation
5) Interview with Assistant Chief of Police
6) Interview with Chief of Police & conditional offer.
7) Employment will commence after the completion of:
- Medical Physical
- Psychological Testing
- Firearms Qualification
- Final Approval from NC-CJETS
Sucessfully appointed applicants will also have to complete a 16 week field training program.
Application packets can be picked up at the Haw River Police Department (105 Stone St. Haw River, NC) Monday - Friday from 8am-5pm.