Prospective Police Officer,
Thank you for your interest in the Haw River Police Department. Our department is a modern, well equipped, full service police agency dedicated to partnering with our community through community based programs to provide a peaceful and safe quality of life. While protecting the lives, property, and rights of all people to provide a professional, courteous, and honest delivery of police services.
The Haw River Police Department is always looking for qualified applicants and accepts applications on a year-round basis whether there is an open position or not. Should a position become open applications on file will be reveiwed and the most qualified applicants will be contacted for further consideration.
All openings will be posted at: Haw River Careers
The hiring process with the Haw River Police Department consists of:
1) Submitt a complete and notorized hiring packet. The packet will consist of
- Town of Haw River application
- Authorization of Release of Personal Information
- NC-CJETS F3
- Copy of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Copy of Driver's License
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of BLET Certificate or General Certification
- Copy of Social Securtiy Card
- Copy of Credit Report
- Copy of Criminal History for each state and county lived in
2) Panel Interview
3) Background Investigation
4) Interview with Assistant Chief of Police
5) Interview with Chief of Police & conditional offer.
6) Employment will commence after the completion of:
- Medical Physical
- Psychological Testing
- Firearms Qualification
- Final Approval from NC-CJETS
Sucessfully appointed applicants will also have to complete a 16 week field training program.
Application packets can be picked up at the Haw River Police Department (105 Stone St. Haw River, NC) Monday - Friday from 8am-5pm.